Our main focus is the exploration and development of opportunities to showcase and promote Canadian artists and music. As an involved member of our industry, CARAS needs your participation to properly identify, reward, and promote the achievements of Canadian artists.
Your Involvement is Key.
The Canadian music industry continues to be shaped and influenced by the degree of energy and enthusiasm invested by those who participate in it. The future looks brighter than ever for Canadian music; our star system more impressive than ever. CARAS relies on the active participation of industry professionals like you to uphold the fundamental JUNO process; created specifically and solely to enhance our music industry through an annual, nationally televised awards show — the JUNO Awards.
The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) was formed in 1975 as an umbrella not-for-profit organization for The JUNO Awards – Canada’s Music Awards, MusiCounts, Canada’s music education program associated with CARAS and the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.
CARAS’ mandate is to promote and celebrate Canadian music and artists.
The JUNO Awards is Canada’s premier awards show, which encompass a week-long celebration of Canadian music, culminating in The JUNO Awards Broadcast where Canadian artists are recognized for excellence of achievement in recorded music.
MusiCounts, Canada’s music education charity associated with CARAS, is dedicated to ensuring that young Canadians regardless of socio-economic circumstances and cultural background have the opportunity to experience the joy of music, explore their talent, build self-esteem, and above all dream big.
2015-2016 CARAS Board of Directors
- Chair – Mark Cohon: Co-Founder and CEO, AWOL Entertainment
- 1st Vice Chair – Randy Lennox: President, Entertainment Production and Broadcasting, Bell Media
- 2nd Vice Chair – Jeff Craib: President, The Feldman Agency
- Secretary – Shane Carter: President, Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc.
- Bruce Allen: President, Bruce Allen Talent
- Joel Carriere: Owner, Bedlam Music Management/Dine Alone Records
- David Corey: Vice President, Programming, Bell Media Radio / Orbyt
- Erik Hoffman: Vice President, Canada, Live Nation
- Steve Kane: President, Warner Music Canada
- Phil King: Director
- Julien Paquin: President – Agency Division, Paquin Entertainment Group
- Jeffrey Remedios: President & CEO, Universal Music Canada
- Jack Ross: President & Chief Operating Officer, Toronto, The Agency Group
- Patti-Anne Tarlton: COO, Ticketmaster Canada Ltd.
- Jennifer Walsh: Country Manager – iTunes, iBooks, App Store, Apple Canada
Prince Edward Island
Newfoundland and Labrador