Our main focus is the exploration and development of opportunities to showcase and promote Canadian artists and music. As an involved member of our industry, CARAS needs your participation to properly identify, reward, and promote the achievements of Canadian artists.
Your Involvement is Key.
The Canadian music industry continues to be shaped and influenced by the degree of energy and enthusiasm invested by those who participate in it. The future looks brighter than ever for Canadian music; our star system more impressive than ever. CARAS relies on the active participation of industry professionals like you to uphold the fundamental JUNO process; created specifically and solely to enhance our music industry through an annual, nationally televised awards show — the JUNO Awards.
The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) was formed in 1975 as an umbrella not-for-profit organization for The JUNO Awards – Canada’s Music Awards, MusiCounts, Canada’s music education program associated with CARAS and the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.
CARAS’ mandate is to promote and celebrate Canadian music and artists.
The JUNO Awards is Canada’s premier awards show, which encompass a week-long celebration of Canadian music, culminating in The JUNO Awards Broadcast where Canadian artists are recognized for excellence of achievement in recorded music.
MusiCounts, Canada’s music education charity associated with CARAS, is dedicated to ensuring that young Canadians regardless of socio-economic circumstances and cultural background have the opportunity to experience the joy of music, explore their talent, build self-esteem, and above all dream big.
2013-2014 CARAS Board of Directors
- Chair – Ed Robinson: CARAS Chairman, Executive Producer
- Melanie Berry: President & CEO, CARAS/The JUNO Awards & MusiCounts, Executive Producer
- 1st Vice President – Deane Cameron
- 2nd Vice President – Steve Kane: President, Warner Music Canada
- Secretary/Treasurer – Humphrey Kadaner: President & COO, Mastermind LP
- Bruce Allen: President, Bruce Allen Talent
- Vivian Barclay: General Manager, Warner Chappell Music Canada Ltd.
- Shane Carter: President, Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc.
- Jeff Craib: President, The Feldman Agency
- Erik Hoffman: Vice President, Canada, Live Nation
- Jason Klein: Partner, Taylor Klein Oballa LLP
- Randy Lennox: President & CEO, Universal Music Canada
- Julien Paquin: President – Agency Division, Paquin Entertainment Group
- Jeffrey Remedios: President, Arts & Crafts
- Jack Ross: Senior Vice President, Toronto, The Agency Group
- Patti-Anne Tarlton: COO/SVP, Ticketmaster Canada
Robert G. Hopkins
Prince Edward Island
Newfoundland and Labrador